your guide to a summer well spent.
Almost any local will attest that summer in Revelstoke is the best time of year. Life in this tiny mountain town is filled with outdoor adventures for everyone, new places to explore, a packed events calendar, and an incredible après scene.
Find some travel inspiration with our 10 favourite things to do in Revelstoke in the summer.
1. go paddling
Get wet and wild by spending the day white water rafting or kayaking on the Jordan and Illecillewaet Rivers. Looking for some family fun that is a little less intense? Try a gentle, scenic evening float trip on the Columbia River.
3. mountain bike
Revelstoke is the mecca of alpine mountain biking. With opening of Fifty Six Twenty in 2019, Revelstoke now offers incredible lift accessed biking. Looking to ride with kids? Mt Macpherson is the perfect place to get started!
4. Explore Lake Revelstoke
Head north above the Revelstoke Dam and enter into the wilderness. Secret beaches, waterfalls, turquoise waters, and old growth rainforests await. No cell service affords you the opportunity to truly be present in the great outdoors.
5. hike in our national parks
Glacier and Mount Revelstoke national parks offer several hiking trails featuring dramatic landscapes, pristine alpine lakes and wildflowers galore. Whether you're looking for a full day adventure or a pleasant stroll, you'll find something to satisfy your adventure quota.
6. Guerrilla Gigs
This summer, Guerrilla Gigs will be returning to bring live music to Revelstoke. If you're in town on a Wednesday, swing by the Visitor Information Centre to score a ticket for a show! Saturday shows are not ticketed and are held from 6-8pm at Queen Elizabeth Park.
7. Sample local beer and spirits
Home to two breweries and two distilleries, Revelstoke's brewing and distilling scene is growing. Don't miss the opportunity to discover your new favourite brew or cocktail.
8. visit revelstoke mountain resort
From the Pipe Mountain Coaster, to the Aerial Adventrue Park, and Mountain Bike Park, there's a full day of activities at the Resort.
9. eat, drink and unwind
We have an incredible array of dining options in downtown Revelstoke. Take the time to unwind on one of the many patios and enjoy the mountain views.
10. Check out our arts & Culture scene
Revelstoke is home to three museums, an art gallery, outdoor art, a glass blowing studio, and many local artists and craftspeople. Our Saturday farmers markets are a great way to get a sense of all of the locally made goods in Revelstoke.
Follow the revy rules.
BC requires proof of vaccination for people 12 and older to access some events, services, and businesses. There are currently additional Provincial Health Orders in place in the Interior Health Region:
- Everyone 12 years of age and older must wear a mask in all public indoor spaces
- Personal Gatherings: Outdoor personal gatherings are limited to no more than 50 people. Indoor personal gatherings are limited to five guests or one other household
- Organized Events With Proof of Full Vaccination (two doses): indoor organized events can have a capacity of 50 people or 50% of a venue’s capacity (whichever is greater). Outdoor-organized events can have a capacity of 5,000 people or 50% of a venue’s capacity (whichever is greater).
- High-intensity group exercise is now permitted, provided all participants and instructors are fully vaccinated with two doses.
If you are in Revelstoke, please ensure that you are taking precautions to limit the spread of COVID-19 and following provincial health guidelines.