Make your visit count.
Thanksgiving Back 2022 was a great success. Volunteers helped with six different projects for our local non-profit organizations.
Stay tuned through our newsletter to hear about Thanksgiving back in 2023!
STEP 1: SIGN UP FOR VOLUNTEER DAY
- Choose the project you're most interested in participating in from the list below and fill out the Registration Form.
- Each person may register for a maximum of one volunteer project.
- Receive confirmation from Tourism Revelstoke that you're signed up before booking your accommodation (check your junk folders!).
- Locals, if you want to participate in a project, please get in touch with the non-profit you'd like to help directly!
STEP 2: BOOK YOUR FREE ACCOMMODATION
- Book two or more nights directly with a participating accommodator (click below). The minimum stay is two nights, but we encourage you to stay longer! $500 will be applied to your total booking cost. You must book direct; bookings through sites like Expedia, Booking.com and Air BnB are not eligible.
- Send us your confirmation and we'll confirm it's eligible.
- Double occupancy will only be eligible for one reimbursement.
- Your booking must align with your project dates.
STEP 3: GET INVOLVED WITH OUR COMMUNTIY
- Show up and contribute!
- We'll reimburse your stay up to a maximum of $500 per two or more night stay after your volunteer day.
LUNA ARTS FESTIVAL
September 24th, 2022
Volunteers will assist Arts Revelstoke with LUNA Nocturnal Arts Festival, an annual festival that encompasses the spirit of Revelstoke, a place where adventure meets creativity and inspires art. Visitors are invited to discover over 30 art installations selectively placed within the downtown core, enhanced with music, food, performances, and business events which will run concurrently during the festival.
blanket creek restoration
Saturday, September 24, 2022
Columbia Shuswap Invasive Species Society (CSISS) inspires action, coordinates management and prevents the spread of invasive species within Revelstoke. They will be leading a restoration day project in Blanket Creek planting shrubs and trees in partnership with BC Parks, Shearing Ltd Consulting and with funding support from BC Parks, Environment and Climate Change Canada and the Habitat and Conservation Trust Foundation.
Local Food Initiative
Saturday, October 1st, 2022
The Revelstoke Local Food Initiative's mission is to empower the community to enhance local food production and utilization though education, facilitation, and advocacy. This fall, they will be hosting a food festival and are looking for volunteers to help facilitate the event.
Revelstoke Visual Arts Centre
Saturday, October 1st, 2022
The Revelstoke Visual Arts Centre is the focal point of visual arts in Revelstoke, offering exhibitions, workshops, an a community hub for art. They need help with a big ol' clean up, ensuring that the gallery is in great shape for future exhibitions.
Saturday, October 1, 2022
The Revelstoke Cycling Association (RCA) is responsible for maintaining and managing a world-class network of over 150 kilometres of trails on three mountains surrounding Revelstoke, from riverside rambles to alpine epics. This trail day will be run by the club's director of trail maintenance and trail crew.
Dive into our History
Sunday, September 25th, 2022
Volunteering with the Revelstoke Railway Museum is a great way to engage with Revelstoke's heritage and meet other people who share a love of local history, the Canadian Pacific Railway, and trains. The volunteers will help the Museum facilitate an event for Railway Day.