Your guide to finding a job and living in Revelstoke
Congratulations! You've decided you want to stay in Revy long term. We get a lot of requests about moving here and finding employment. The primary purpose of this site is visitor information, but we're happy to help! Here is a list of resources to get you setup and working in Revelstoke.
Welcome to our community.
Where to look for jobs
- Head to Work BC on Campbell Ave for access to job search resources, employment planning, skills assessment, training, work experience opportunities and more. The have computers, printers, and post new job opportunities on the wall every week.
- Go for a walk! You'll see job vacancy signs in the windows of businesses downtown looking for workers.
- Check the Revelstoke Job Board on Facebook.
- Be proactive. Most large business (including the resort, heli operators, etc) hire well in advance of their busy seasons. Check their websites and social media for when they start to hire.
- Check other sites such as Indeed for an overview of job opportunities.
It's difficult to find long term housing in towns with tourism fluctuations. This is a problem that many towns face around the world and Revelstoke is no exception.
- LOOK EARLY. If you're coming for winter, start looking for houses in early summer.
- Look through and post on the Revy Rentals Facebook page.
- Check The Stoke List.
- Drive around town. Sometimes people prefer to list their houses by posting a 'FOR RENT' sign in their window.
- Apply with property management and services groups so that your application is on file.
- Apply for jobs with staff housing included.
Get setup in the community
Once you've found a job and a place to live, it's a good idea to get some training, get acquainted with the community, and learn about Revelstoke.
- You are on the the territories of the Sinixt, the Secwépemc, the Syilx, and the Ktunaxa nations. Learn more about our Indigenous nations here.
- Complete the Revelstoke Ambassador training program. This program is a 2 hour online training program that will make you an expert on Revelstoke. If you're working in tourism, completing this training get you discounts across town!
- Attend welcome week! At the beginning of each ski season, there is a Welcome Week for new residents. Learn about the town, businesses, and customer service expectations. There are special events and it's a great place to make new friends.
- Get to know our non-profits in town and how they will support your recreational activities. Like mountain biking? Join the Revelstoke Cycling Association. Like ski touring? Contribute to Avalanche Canada. There are many ways you can give back to the community you are now a part of.
- Go to the museums and learn about the history of Revelstoke.
Get yourself geared up
Need a bike for around town? Or maybe an entry level ski touring set up. Make sure to attend the large gear swap events or check out local garage sales and thrift stores.
Other great things to consider
Here's a quick and dirty list of things you might want to know or check out
- Check our events page for a list of all the fun things happening in Revy.
- You need a winter permit to ski in Rogers Pass.
- Learn about the Caribou closures on Frisby Ridge and Sale Mountain.
- Do an avalanche safety course.
- Learn when your trash collection day is and where to recycle.
- Go for a walk around Mackenzie Ave and the downtown area to check out all the stores.
- Check out Community Connections to get access to services, resources, and programming that aids people in overcoming life’s obstacles.
- Go to the farmers market and winter market for locally grown food.
- If it snows, either get to the ski hill early or wait until later when the avalanche control is complete.
- There is a free shuttle to the Mt MacPherson nordic trails.
- Tune into Stoke FM for community news and great music.
Find more things to do.
There's never a dull moment in Revelstoke. Whether you're looking to chill out or go full throttle, we've got plenty to keep you occupied during your stay. Revelstoke is a town for all seasons, with adventure waiting at your doorstep.