Help limit the spread of covid-19
In order to travel responsibly, we're asking both locals and visitors to follow The Revy Rules.
- Proof of vaccination is required for those 12 and older to access certain social and recreational events and businesses. As of October 24, 2021, customers must be fully vaccinated with two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to enter certain settings and events.
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces for people 12 years and older.
- Gatherings in vacation rentals are limited to five guests or one additional household.
- Indoor personal gatherings are limited to five guests or one other household.
- Outdoor personal gatherings are limited to no more than 50 people.
- With proof of full vaccination (two doses):
- Indoor-organized events can have a capacity of 50 people or 50% of a venue’s capacity (whichever is greater).
- Outdoor-organized events can have a capacity of 5,000 people or 50% of a venue’s capacity (whichever is greater).
Health and safety continue to be the top priority. Public health leaders are putting additional recommendations in place to protect us all. Residents and visitors are asked to follow the public health measures set by the province, communities, and individual businesses to protect people, businesses, and the economy from the continued spread of COVID-19.
Businesses are facing challenges like never before. Visitors are reminded to be kind, patient, and supportive of businesses and employees. Looking for more info? Our staff at the Visitor Information Centre can help answer any of your questions.
2. Give other people space.
Physical distancing is not required in public indoor settings and the Provincial Health Officer is now recommending normal social contact. However, some people might still feel less comfortable in tight situations. Please continue to remain vigilant, be patient, and help to keep yourself and others safe.
3. Masks are required indoors.
Masks are required in public indoor settings for all people 12 and older.
4. Sanitization & Touch Points.
Practicing diligent hand-washing hygiene is one of the best ways we can all prevent the spread of infection. Businesses throughout Revelstoke have mandatory sanitation stations in place for your health, safety and convenience. Please remember to wash and sanitize your hands as you enter and leave different businesses around town.
Did you know Monashee Spirits Distillery was one of the first distillers in BC to offer hand sanitizer to help flatten the curve? Back in March 2020 they stepped up to fill the gap in sanitizer availability which is a by-product of their distillation process. Keep an eye out for their sanitizer in businesses throughout town!
5. Respect each business' covid safety rules.
Throughout the pandemic, tourism businesses have continued to implement stringent protocols to keep staff and visitors safe and will continue to do so at every stage—including the latest requirement to verify proof of vaccination for guests (where applicable), and visitors are asked to return the favour by travelling responsibly.
We ask that you respect these businesses' wishes if you wish to be a patron. All businesses are now transitioned into using communicable disease prevention guidance from WorkSafeBC.
6. Be patient, practical, and kind.
Fall/Winter is going to look a little different this year. Our frontline staff are following protocols and doing their best to serve you. Remember, we're all in this together. Kindness always matters.
This note was left by an anonymous local in Revelstoke’s downtown and conveys exactly what #TheRealStoke is all about. We hope to be able to continue to share our wild spaces, small town charm, and big mountain terrain.
Stay Up To Date
As the health and safety of our visitors and our community is our number one priority, Revelstoke businesses, activity providers, restaurants, and accommodations have worked diligently to follow provincial guidelines and industry best practices. All activity providers have created additional safety measures as well as implemented provincially approved guidelines to keep you safe. Please call ahead to find out if there are additional guidelines to follow in advance of your trip.
We encourage you to plan ahead this summer and we look forward to welcoming you to our mountain town!
Follow the revy rules.
BC requires proof of vaccination for people 12 and older to access some events, services, and businesses. There are currently additional Provincial Health Orders in place in the Interior Health Region:
- Everyone 12 years of age and older must wear a mask in all public indoor spaces
- Personal Gatherings: Outdoor personal gatherings are limited to no more than 50 people. Indoor personal gatherings are limited to five guests or one other household
- Organized Events With Proof of Full Vaccination (two doses): indoor organized events can have a capacity of 50 people or 50% of a venue’s capacity (whichever is greater). Outdoor-organized events can have a capacity of 5,000 people or 50% of a venue’s capacity (whichever is greater).
- High-intensity group exercise is now permitted, provided all participants and instructors are fully vaccinated with two doses.
If you are in Revelstoke, please ensure that you are taking precautions to limit the spread of COVID-19 and following provincial health guidelines.