Tourism Revelstoke is the official Destination Marketing Organization for Revelstoke, British Columbia. As a non-profit member based organization, we are responsible for building awareness and an urge to visit Revelstoke to help generate revenue for local businesses. Our resort community is one of the fastest growing in BC, and we are looking for a solid digital marketing specialist to help us grow.
Sure, you probably have what it takes to be our digital marketing specialist (we can work on the title–it’s a little dry), but do you have what it takes to keep up with our active mountain community? Our destination is known for having a ski resort that caters to intermediate/expert skiers, sled areas that get so much snow you are guaranteed to get epicly stuck, mountain bike trails that riders spend 15+ kms per day on, and alpine hiking trails that will leave your quads feeling like they are going to explode… the list goes on, but you should get the picture. Bottom line is, we need someone working with us who lives for #TheRealStoke.
Back in the office though, we need a digital marketing specialist who can do this:
• Execute Tourism Revelstoke’s social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
• Manage our social channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest & LinkedIn.
• Post & schedule posts on our social channels to fill the week, which will be moderated on your days off.
• Coordinate with a world-class network of photographers, videographers, and writers who supply content for us.
• Generate, edit, publish, and share content that builds meaningful connections and encourages engagement. This includes original text, e-newsletters, and blogs; as well as content supplied to us from world-class photographers, videographers, and writers.
• Manage our online events calendar.
• Moderate & engage with user-generated content across all social media channels.
• Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social & digital data/ metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
• Collaborate with Tourism Revelstoke Marketing Team to manage reputation, identify key target markets, and coordinate actions.
• Manage our Ambassadors of #TheRealStoke.
• Keep our content calendar neat and tidy, and in-line with our marketing plan.
• Generate reports from our social channels & website for our members and board.
• The ability to problem-solve, and work with us with minimal training or supervision.
• Open to attending events, film shoots, etc. to publish live on social to our fans.
• Some other tasks that are similar to all of the above, but we can’t think of them right now.
You would need to have these skills, etc:
• Knowledge of online marketing and major marketing channels.
• An eagerness to take on new projects created by the Tourism Revelstoke Marketing Team.
• Positive attitude, detail oriented, and good multitasking/organizational ability.
• Fun to work with in the office, and fun to hang with out of the office.
• Proven working experience in social media/digital marketing, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/ InDesign, WordPress, and blog writing.
• Analytics and social insights wizardry skills.
• Excellent copy writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
• Demonstrate social networking experience and social insight tools knowledge.
• Proven experience with Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Google AdWords, CRO and SEO.
• A passion for the outdoors.
• Be a positive presence in our community.
• Follows @SeeRevelstoke on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube & Pinterest.
This is what we pay, and other important details:
• $20/hr+ — hourly wage will be based on experience and skill set outlined above.
• This position is a contract that guarantees 20 hours per week; with two days off between Monday – Thursday.
• More time may be required in busy times and to cover holidays.
• You need to live in Revelstoke, and can work remotely, but must come in to touch base with the team, and give high-fives.
• If you don’t live in Revelstoke, then this would be an ideal time to move to the best mountain community on the planet.
• Yes, there is a work space in the office for you to work from.
• We need someone to start by November 1st at the latest.
Application Deadline: October 6th, 2017
Please submit application to: firstname.lastname@example.org